As a rapidly expanding small family run company, we require a multi-skilled worker to work efficiently on the shop floor. Our factory is purpose built for the manufacture of bespoke timber handrails for luxury homes and commercial environments – every one of our projects is tailor made to the customer’s requirements and it is critical that standards are never compromised.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a range of activities:
- Hand finishing – Using machines and hand tools to sand each hardwood piece through various grades to achieve a high quality finish.
- Hand carving – as part of finishing handrails, using chisels and specialist tools to carve and repair pre-machined handrails
- Timber preparation – using various saws, planers and other machinery to cut timber to size prior to CNC machine process.
- Assembling products – using hand tools and basic joinery techniques to assemble and pre-build our products before dispatch
- Other Duties – General workshop duties, troubleshooting mechanical issues, taking charge of deliveries, quality control with raw materials, tooling re-grind requirements, setting up and using JIGs etc.
- Possibility to learn and explore French Polishing opportunities within the company
- Candidates should preferably have some experience in the woodworking industry.
- Proven troubleshooting ability
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Attention to detail and an eye for quality standards
- Excellent time management
- GSCE level in Maths Science & English
- 40 hours per week, Mon-Fri
- Attractive hourly wage, dependent on experience
- Overtime opportunities likely
Handrails Creations is a fascinating and rewarding place to work. Skilled and talented people are integral to our success, and we are always on the lookout for new talent. If you want to be part of our success, please send us your CV and covering letter: firstname.lastname@example.org