Handrails Creations is a fascinating and rewarding place to work. Skilled and talented people are integral to our success, and we are always on the lookout for new talent:
APPRENTICE CNC PROGRAMMER
We have an opportunity for an apprentice CNC programmer to work with our CAD/CAM and production teams – creating programs for 5 axis CNC milling machines at the forefront of woodworking technology.
The candidate will help to produce bespoke handrails and other items for some of the most prestigious construction projects in the UK – the role will be 95% PC based, programming with our CAM software, understanding various manufacturing methods, tooling etc and as such must have proven excellent computer skills.
Once complete, we would hope to offer the apprentice a full time permanent position with the team.
- CNC Programming
- 3D Modelling / Surface Modelling
- Understanding and operating 5 axis CNC machinery
- Using CAD CAM to create programmes
- Reading and understanding engineering drawings
- Excellent knowledge of computers
- Eager to learn
- GSCE level in Maths Science & English
- Engineering qualification preferred
- Full Time / Day release to college
- Competitive apprentice wage
3D CAD DESIGNER
Our design office requires a dynamic CAD draughtsman to work full time on a range of CAD projects – using Solidworks design package to develop 3D models and drawings which will be used in our manufacturing process.
The successful candidate will have continued experience of using the Solidworks package and be confident in producing accurate 3D solid and surface models, as well as drawings, realtime renders and supporting the manufacturing team with BOMs etc. The candidate will model complex curved staircases and bespoke wooden handrails, as well as occasional other specialist items, such as furniture.
In return we will train you as part of this specialist small team, allowing you to work on some of the biggest & best construction projects throughout the UK – from Billionaire’s mansions to listed buildings.
The role will require monthly travel around the UK to various construction sites and customer premises/homes to carry out digital surveys, which will be used as the underlying geometry for the CAD models. Therefore a driving license is essential – vehicle will be provided.
The candidate must have:
- Good experience of using Solidworks. This is non-negotiable.
- Some working experience, preferably in manufacturing environment or CAD office
- Strong initiative
- Attention to detail
- Driving licence
- Degree or higher qualification in product design/digital modelling/CAD/architectural CAD
- Experience of working with staircases/joinery products
The candidate must be:
- Team player
- Eager to learn
- Willing to travel occasionally
Salary – Competitive – dependent on experience
If you want to be part of our success, please send us your CV and covering letter: email@example.com